Q: Car won't shift into park

My car currently will not shift into park - so I am taking a guess it's the shift interlock solenoid

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check your fuse first, under hood fuse box. Check down by your brake pedal to see if the brake/transmission shift interlock (BTSI) or brake light switch is plugged in and making contact with the pedal when depressed. If those switches are okay, then your BTSI could have failed. The BTSI is located in the console by the shifter. If you need some assistance in diagnosing and repairing this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help you with your issues shifting into park.

3. Car won't shift into park