Q: EOT 250 degrees normal driving while ECT is 194 degrees

EOT is 250 degrees with ECT 194 degrees while normal driving, 45-55 mph, not towing, outside temp 80 degrees. EGR coolers were removed a year ago. No problems until a month ago when degas bottle began puking. EOT, at that time was 210 degrees. Dealer claims to have changed oil cooler, head gaskets, head bolts, fuel lines and rails, degas bottle, thermostats and oil temp sending unit. Now EOT is off the charts. Dealer says it's ok. Hasn't exceeded Ford's high limit. I am sure that when I tow my boat the EOT will climb. HELP!!!!! What is going on? btw--this truck is not a beater. It's a cream puff. daily driver super clean. No mudder

Exhaust System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the turbo and make sure that its functioning correctly and you have good boost. If the turbo is working properly, then there may be a plugged catalytic converter on the exhaust system making the engine overheat. This could explain why that diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is running out of the container. If you need additional help with your engine overheating, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you