Q: Radiator hose rubbing pulley after minor accident

I bought a car that was involved in a very minor crash but the rad hose touched the pully does that mean the frame is bent or what else could it be and how much does it usually cost to fix it

Thanks for inquiring about your vehicle. A collision specialist needs to examine the vehicle and YourMechanic does have specialists who could perform a mobile examination and arrange repairs.

To save you some money initially you might attempt to contact a collision shop. Such shops are often set up to give free estimates from which you could essentially "infer" the diagnosis, that is how serious your issue is.

Of course, it is hard to say without viewing your vehicle directly but if a moving component (fan, engine part) is contacting a radiator hose that would represent a fairly important collision. It doesn’t necessarily mean the frame is bent but it sounds like there is some "significant" damage that yes you would be wise to have looked at and hopefully repaired economically.

At any stage in this, for example, after you have obtained a free estimate if you go that route, YourMechanic would be pleased to perform an overall inspection of your car and help make the necessary repairs. Thanks again for your interesting question.

3. Radiator hose rubbing pulley after minor accident