Q: Hello, my battery died in my car last night I replaced it got home and now it won't start. Starter or alternator? CEL on now also

Got home last night had just driven home from temple to fort Worth, my car sat 2 hours I went to go back out it won't start, making rapid clicking noise got the battery jumped up to Walmart put it in and it started drove to gas station turned it off then back on and it hesitated also the CEL is on now as well. So I headed home haven't been able to get it back started since. Battery level is over 12+ but it almost sounds like it's slipping when trying to start. Could this be the starter? Or alternator? Need help

Hello, thank you for writing in. With full battery power, the battery may still be struggling to use that voltage and it may not be providing enough amperage to the starter. You should have the battery tested at an automotive parts store. The battery is the only component that powers the starter at first, and it will also cause issues while driving although you are mostly dependent on the alternator once running. If the battery checks out, you want to turn your attention to the starter. Starters can also be tested at automotive parts stores, but these tests are not always accurate (they do not measure the starter’s ability to push over the engine, but only to spin freely). If you would like more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Hello, my battery died in my car last night I replaced it got home and now it won't start. Starter or alternator? CEL on now also