Q: Advice what to check or replace.

asked by on June 27, 2016

Car was bought 2 months ago by friend as working away, get in car and engine light on and when hard accelarating it gets bad hesitation when reaching high revs with max limit of 5200, took to garage for smoke test results were rocker gaskets a+b banks, inlet manifold gaskets and secondary hose under inlet manifold and also to get them done as o2 sensor wernt reading properly. So i decided to tackle them myself and changed all including spark plugs and tube and oil and filter and also ccv valves, the car runs alot better now but on start up code p3019 shows up and when under heavy accelaration the engine still hesitates and jerks and still top rev to 5200 even in neutral but code appears p0370 high reolution, and not often but miss fire in cylinder no5. Swapped coil 5 and 6 over but still shows 5 missing, i have run live data tests over weekend and im finding bank 2 o2 sensor wont close loop due to system failure when warm and fuel trim drops to zero and 02 reads .1v, is this 5 injector

Hello.

The code P0370 is an indicator that your vehicle’s timing reference optical sensor is having an issue. This signal that this sensor provides for the computer is very important to the overall engine performance of the vehicle, especially at high rpm.

I would recommend having the optical, crank, and cam angle or position sensors checked to see if they are in proper working order. If those are okay then I would proceed to testing the computer.

If you feel like you need some assistance with getting this fixed, enlist a qualified mechanic who will go through the necessary steps to accurately diagnose your Check Engine Light. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be made to get this car running smoothly again.