Q: When shifting from reverse to drive or drive to reverse I hear a clicking noise.

asked by on February 04, 2017

Hi I just have a question about the transmission. When shifting from reverse to drive or drive to reverse I hear a clicking noise. Also when its cold out shifting from park to reverse there is a jerk. Is this normal or anything to worry about? This may have nothing to do with it I had my car jacked up to tighten my oil plug and decided to move the wheel back and forth looking at things while I was down there. There is play and it would move a few inches back and forth but when it stopped I would hear a click either way I moved it coming from the transmission.

Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $197.63 - $1017.38 Get a Quote

Hi there. There is a gear train issue with your transmission or a bad CV Shaft that is causing the transmission to shift had into gear. Since it shifts harder in reverse than forward, I suggest that the gears inside the transmission are worn. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.