Q: Steering becomes slack while making turns in either direction.

I've had new tires put on mounted and balanced. And that helped a lot with the truck wondering while driving. For some reason when I make a turn make steering goes slack and have to correct so I make the turn. It only happens for a moment I don't understand. Any direction on solving this would be appreciated.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There are several components that may cause the steering to be loose or jerky. The first thing to do is check the power steering fluid color and level. Make sure its clean and topped off. If it is low or burned, then you may have a leak or issue with the pump. The jerk you are feeling are sometimes caused by a bad sensor, and it may be worth your time to have the car scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes and make sure the computer hasn’t detected an issue. Give the steering box and linkage a full visual inspection. If the truck is lifted, the steering components are likely to wear out early and need to be replaced eventually. Do some further inspections and take diagnosis from there.

3. Steering becomes slack while making turns in either direction.