Q: Didn't want to start then started drove 40 mi overheat a little at red light car die wont start

asked by on September 20, 2017

Drove to work no probelm time to come home car didnt want to start sounding like out of gas. Have gas that not the problem. Finally started like 2 to 3 min later drove 40 mi started overheating a little stop at a red light car die wont start back up. Someone told me started went out but I was driving

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

You will need to have the engine checked to see if it stalled due to loss of power from fuel related issue or from the engine overheating. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and diagnose the problem for you. If the engine overheated then you may have damaged the engine and may need major work. Do not try and drive it if the engine is overheating so you do not do more engine damage until getting the problem diagnosed.