Q: Why does your service engine soon light come on

asked by on September 22, 2017

My service engine soon light came on an i want to know what could be wrong

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are a large number of reasons why the check engine light would come on. To find out what the warning is trying to tell you, you need to have it scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This can be done by a technician, or at most automotive parts stores. Once you have those codes, you can use them to determine what is wrong. Until you have that information, there is no way of knowing. This is the most generic out of all of warning lights, and can pertain to mechanical faults, pressure issues, electrical faults, and more. For more help scanning the vehicle and repairing the issues, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr