Q: Transmission has a constant loud & annoying hum

The transmission in my car is very loud, annoying, and it hums on a constant, continual basis. I’ve been to the dealership more than once to get it fixed, but Acura "claims it's a normal characteristic of the vehicle." It is the loudest between 35-40 mph and 55-60 mph. At all other speeds the hum is continually present, but in a lower pitch. This is not normal. Can you tell me how to get help in fixing this? Thanks.

A: Hello. You are correct that this is not nor...

Hello. You are correct that this is not normal, but Acura does not have a fix for it. This is a design flaw in the powertrain. Your only form of recourse on this is to contact their national customer service line to get them involved. Even if they cannot come up with a solution they may be able to assist in getting you another car or at the very least you are covered if there is any sort of break down in the future. If you would rather have an independent technician inspect the sound, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the car noise.