Q: Q: Stalling issue

Jeep hesitated while I was going 40mph. Check engine light came on and I got to work. On my way home from Work the same day after driving for about 5 minutes, I pulled into the gas station and it died before I could pull it up to the pump. Started up and drove fine until the following night. I got off work and was driving 45 mph and it died while I was accelerating, gave it more gas and it started up while I was coasting. Both times it died were roughly in the same spot. Doesn’t die on my way to work but does on my way home normally 10-11pm. Threw P codes 0700 and 0344 And the first time it stalled the transmission felt like it wasn’t having some issues. I just bout it on 12/29/17.

Hi again Nick. Thanks for the second question. If you didn’t get our first reply, here is what we suggested. It’s quite possible that the root issue here is that your ECU is activating a "limp mode" - especially based on the P-0700 OBD-II trouble code. P0700 is set when the PCM detects a malfunction in the transmission control system. This malfunction causes the vehicle to set a Check Engine Light and trigger a failsafe or limp mode, which can cause the symptoms you are describing. Before you attempt any repairs, I would strongly recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection, to determine the best course of action to resolve these issues.

3. Q: Stalling issue