Q: Advice on buying an O3 Hummer H3

Following up on my 'O3 Chevy Trailblazer with 230,000 miles. Do you know if the transmissions on the Trailblazers often go bad? Also, besides the obvious gas mileage, what do you think about me buying an 'O6 Hummer H3? What do you know about them?

Yes they do. I have a lot of customers that have had them go bad, and usually it was before 100,000 miles. Don’t buy the Hummer. They have all kinds of problems. That’s one of the reasons they stopped making them. They had a lot of recalls, and the stuff they should have recalled--they didn’t recall. They are cool-looking vehicles. If you are Arnold Schwarzeneger and have an endless bank account, go right ahead. But if money means something to you, I would not buy it.