Q: When I turn my key the dash bored goes on and the lights but radio doesn't and car won't start

When I turn my key car won't start the dash bored goes on and lights but radio won't go on.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a bad ignition relay or potentially a faulty starter relay. You may want to check the ignition relay. When you turn the key to the On position, the ignition relay switches allows power to be diverted to systems needed to operate your vehicle. The ignition coil then receives power from the battery and delivers it to your spark plugs. This process ignites the fuel and enables your vehicle to run. When this relay is not working properly, you may notice the car having problems with keeping the battery charged, engine stalling, starting problems (especially in warmer weather) and sometimes intermittent problems with your speedometer and tachometer flickering off and on.

The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. When I turn my key the dash bored goes on and the lights but radio doesn't and car won't start