Q: We are getting a fuel pump replacement on a 2007 gl450 and the dealership is quoting us $2500 this seems unreasonable is it?

asked by on October 01, 2017

We had our car towed to the dealership and they are quoting us $2500 for a fuel pump doesn't that seem a little high?

Hi Daniel. Thanks for submitting your question today. You are correct - that estimate is outrageous. However, it’s on PAR with typical Mercedes-Benz, BMW or other European OEM dealership repair costs. In support of the dealer, the fuel system on these modern-day Mercedes is incredibly complex, so gaining access to and replacing the fuel pump is quite time consuming. The parts are also specialty equipment - which elevates the cost of parts. Taking your car to a Mercedes-Benz specialist is an option, but the cost is likely not going to change much.