Q: Where is the ambient air temperature sensor located on a 2016 impala LTZ?

I'm simply trying to find the location of the ambient air temperature sensor

There is more than one ambient temperature sensor on your vehicle. The engine air intake system has an ambient temperature sensor located in the air duct after the air filter. That sensor is part of the mass airflow sensor assembly. There is also an outside air temperature sensor used to both report temperature and provide an input signal to the HVAC system. The sensor signal is a part determinant of how much cooling or heating is delivered to the passenger compartment. That sensor also affects the HVAC mode and blower motor speed. The sensor is located in the right hand front of the engine compartment, on the radiator support near the horn assembly.

If you think that there might be a fault with the ambient temperature sensor, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can check this out if you request a temperature sensor component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Where is the ambient air temperature sensor located on a 2016 impala LTZ?