Q: Audi A4 '08 is jerking and check engine light flashes upon acceleration, any idea what could be happening?

My Audi A4 '08 was moving perfectly if I lightly used the gas pedal. The second I start to apply some real pressure to reach freeway speeds the car jerks and the check engine light flashes. The check engine light is now permanently on and the car jerks at any pressure on the gas pedal.

This may be related to a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.

3. Audi A4 '08 is jerking and check engine light flashes upon acceleration, any idea what could be happening?