Q: Buying a new 2017 Mercedez-Benz GLC300. Should I purchase the extended warranty? Also, what about the purchase protection plan?

asked by on February 14, 2017

Buying a new 2017 Mercedez-Benz GLC300. Should I purchase the extended warranty for $3750 that extends the warranty to 7 years / 100K miles? Also, what is your opinion about the purchase protection plan that covers tires/wheels, dents/dings and windshield for 4 years ($2250)?

Hello. I say it’s a great idea to go ahead and get the extended warranty as well as the purchase protection plan that covers the wheels tires and etc. Mercedes are great luxury vehicles. They perform well and they always meet your expectations. I have a CLK430, mine is a little too old for a protection plan but I definitely would get the protection plan if I would have bought it new. With new vehicles there are always new problems that arise with it within the first year or so. So it will be a great idea to have that coverage in case an unexpected issue occurs. When owning a new vehicle you may be the one to uncover a new problem so there may not be a recall yet, then they will try to charge you for the repair if there’s no recall. If several owners report the problem then there will probably be a recall but that can take a while and you don’t want to be one of the first with the problem who have to muster paying for the fix themselves. You know dealerships they will try to do anything they can to have them not pay for it even if they are at fault. Mercedes dealerships usually have a price margin of repair that is so high it will be a great idea to have that coverage just in case so you don’t have to come out of pocket again. I know that you’re going to take great care of your vehicle but accidents happen and other people may not be so careful. There will be scratches and possibly a dent that will occur and the price to repair it will probably be extremely high so again, it’ll be great to have that coverage then so you wouldn’t come out of pocket. Enjoy your NEW ride!