Q: Car will not start push button steering wheel will not lock either are they related.

asked by on May 17, 2016

I have never had any issues with my push start nissan. on thursday i came to start it and it will not turn over at all. it is not the battery but may be the steering lock from what i can see. Will that stop the car from starting. I had a mechanic from the neighborhood test the starter it is working. when i press the brake it does not mash down and the steering wheel will not lock. when i put my foot on the brake and press the push start it goes to ACC then when i press it again it goes to on mode but does not start up.

There is a technical bulletin to replace the brake switch and harness. The brake lights not coming on will not let the engine starter operate. The bulletin number is NTB10-139. If you would like a professional to address this issue, then contact one through YourMechanic, who will send a qualified professional to your home or office to perform the work.