Q: Throwing codes after replacing the font left wheel bearing

I just replaced the front left wheel bearing hub assembly on my truck and am now receiving service codes for the traction control, stabilitrak, abs, and trailer brakes. I'm assuming this has something to do with the new wheel speed sensor. Is this a case where I just need to have the codes cleared or is it more likely there is something wrong with the sensor?

A: Your truck has a wheel speed sensor and exc...

Your truck has a wheel speed sensor and exciter ring that are built into the wheel bearing and hub assembly. If the entire wheel bearing and hub assembly was replaced as a unit like it's suggested, then you could have a failed sensor in the new assembly. If the bearing was pressed out of the old housing and a new bearing pressed in, it's possible that the bearing is installed incorrectly or the sensor was damaged during the install. Either way, if it was done by a shop, I would recommend bringing it back to them so they can correct the problem. If you did it yourself, and you pressed in just a bearing, replace the entire bearing and hub assembly with the built in sensor. If you already did that, check the resistance of the wheel speed sensor to see if it's failed. It's possible that the sensor was failed right out of the box. If you want to have this issue professionally diagnosed you should contact a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can do it for you at your home or office.