Q: how difficult is it to replace from struts and rear shocks in my oldsmobile aurora 4.0 ?

asked by on August 30, 2016

I blew a front tire. I'm awaiting the new 2 front tires. I'llhave them pput on tommorrow. But.....I also am sure it needs at the very least rear shocks and Iwant to replace the front shock/struts by using the new completely assembled ones. I've watched a few videos and it doesn't appear that I'm going to pay hundreds of dollars for something Ithink looks rrelatively easy. It seems all I may need is a torque wrench besides the tools i already have. The back end of the car moves side to side alot, n even small bumps slam the back end down. I think the lack of better or working front shocks/struts, may have been what exploded my passenger's front tire.

Strut Assembly Replacement $276.75 - $2295.59 Get a Quote
Air Shocks Replacement $154.29 - $2138.67 Get a Quote

Hey there. If you’re using one of those "quick strut" complete assemblies for the front, then you don’t need anything special, although an impact gun and/or ratchet is helpful. Rear shocks are just as straight forward. If you would like to have done for you, a certified pro from YourMechanic can replace the struts and rear shocks at your home or office while you relax or take care of other things.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr