Q: Q: Car does not always start.

The car will goes a few days starting fine everytime. Then it will just click once when trying to start it. When hooked up to a jump (car or jump starter) usually fires up instantly. Battery is less than a year old. Had the batter and alternator checked and both are fine.

This may suggest a weak battery or potentially a faulty starter solenoid. Although, a faulty starter solenoid is possible, the fact that you are able to get it started without any trouble by jumping suggests that the starter solenoid may be working properly and it is an issue of inadequate battery power to turn the motor over. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Car does not always start.