Q: no crank with new starter, starter relay, battery, alternater.

my car stopped cranking over, so i went out bought a new starter, alternater, battery, and starter relay. once i replaced it all everything went together as the old parts. but when i went to go start it there was no crank. there is juice getting to all the electronics but it still wont crank. even tried jumping it from the starter with a screwdriver connecting both contact points still no crank.

A: If you tried jumping the contacts on the st...

If you tried jumping the contacts on the starter directly, then your problem is most likely a power or ground issue. The battery ground cable may not be making a good connection at the engine ground, or there could be a problem in the positive or negative battery cables making them unable to properly complete the circuit. I would start by checking the resistance from the engine ground to the battery ground, and from starter positive to the battery positive terminal. Also do a voltage drop test across each of the cables, which will help determine if there is a problem with them. If after checking the cables and connections, the car still doesn’t start, then you should have a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the problem for you.