Q: 96 Honda accord lx, 2.2 I have replaced dist, plugs and wires, main fuel pump relay. Injectors are spitting gas, i have fire b

I have replaced the distributor, wires and plugs,main relay. I took injector rail off and watched injectors spray gas. I can spray gas into the throttle body and car will run. What is wrong?

Check to see if any diagnostic trouble codes have been stored. If the engine runs (actually "runs", even momentarily, as opposed to stumbles) when you directly introduce fuel, that means there is something wrong with either the fuel system and/or the air induction system. Check for a large vacuum leak and that includes all vacuum lines, PCV and EGR systems. Be sure any idle air control valve is not stuck open. The bottom line is the air fuel ratio is off (due to a fuel or air induction problem) and when you introduce fuel directly you momentarily create a ratio that will start the engine. You might have a large vacuum leak. A stuck open EGR valve, for example, will create such a leak. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 96 Honda accord lx, 2.2 I have replaced dist, plugs and wires, main fuel pump relay. Injectors are spitting gas, i have fire b