Q: Car won't start after sitting for a year.

I have a vehicle that has sat for a year and will not start. I changed the battery before trying to start it, but it will not start, though it does turn over. I need to have the car diagnosed to see what other problems it might have, including a spark plug and oil change.

If a vehicle has not been started for a year, then you may have a failed fuel pump and the fuel inside the tank may be degraded and can cause problems like a clogged fuel injector. The recommendation I would give is to have the the fuel system checked, serviced, and cleaned by a certified technician. The technician will check fuel pressures, fuel quality, filter, or any other issues that may be causing the no start.

3. Car won't start after sitting for a year.