Will a bad wheel bearing damage the CV joints, or will ba...

Q: Will a bad wheel bearing damage the CV joints, or will bad CV joints damage the wheel bearing? Honda Accord lax 2006

asked by on June 22, 2017

I would like to know if bad cv joints can damage wheel bearings, or if Bad wheel bearings can damage the cv joints?

Any bad part in the drive train can put additional stress on other parts. I could probably draw a line from a bad wheel bearing to a bad CV joint. Not so much the other way. However, it might seem that way because the parts have a similar life span. Once one part fails, the others may come soon after. If your car really only has 45000 miles it seems a little soon for either one to be failing unless you are living and driving in bad northern winters. If your car is making sounds in either the CV or the wheel bearings, you can have it checked out at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda and tell you what it may need.