Q: AC Condenser

asked by on May 11, 2017

I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent and the A/C cools when going over 20 MPH but immediately blows hot air when I slow down under 20 MPH and when I come to a complete stop. This recently started happening a week ago. It seems at night the A/C works better and takes longer to stop cooling when stopped because it is not as hot outside. Any Ideas?

Hi There, Based on what you are describing, it sounds like your AC condenser cooling fan is not coming on as it should. As you drive down the road, there is typically enough air blowing through the AC condenser and the radiator without the cooling fans. When you come to a stop or are moving slowly in traffic, the use of the fans becomes much more critical. Many times the cooling fan relay and fuse going bad are the cause for this happening. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.