Q: Power window slow to go up

asked by on February 26, 2016

The front passenger's side power window is slow to go up and sometimes doesn't go up at all.

Hello, it sounds like you might have one of two possible causes for a window rising slowly. The electric motor could be getting weak, making it unable to lift the window. The other is that the window regulator is binding and not letting the window go up. To separate one from the other, the window motor should be raised and the window operated manually up and down to see if the window regulator is operating freely. If the window feels normal going up and down manually, then the window motor is failing and should be replaced. You may need the aid of a mechanic since the door panel would have to be removed for access to perform testing as needed. They will be able to inspect your windows and make the necessary repairs to have this fixed.