Q: I have a 2016 Ram 1500. The front door creeks a bit when its cold. Is this normal?

When it is cold my truck door makes a popping noise occasionally. How long do door hinges generally last?

Hi there. If you hear creaking as you open and close your doors and the vehicle is about a year old, that is actually rather normal. The doors have joints and hinges that secure the door to the body of the Ram truck. Every time they are opened or closed, the lubricants inside begin to wear out. Rain, snow and cold weather tend to cause the cranking you’re hearing. You can resolve this problem by spraying a little bit of penetrating fluid on the hinge.