Q: Battery not holding charge

My battery won't hold a charge.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. Inside a 12 volt battery there are 6 cells and each cell has a number of plates in it. These plates are suspended in acid which starts the chemical reaction that produces voltage across the terminals of the battery. Through the battery’s life, deposits form as material is transferred between the plates. If the deposits from one plate touch another, it shorts out the battery, effectively making the battery lose its charging ability. I would recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the battery on your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr