Q: AC stops working, blows warm air

My car has an air conditioning that is not working correctly. It is filled up and I have checked the filters. However, while the car is running, AC would stop working and there would be warm air coming out. It would start working again when the car is not running for a short while. Why is this happening? How can I fix it? Thank you.

A: Hello. Your A/C system has multiple compone...

Hello. Your A/C system has multiple components and sensors. It is possible that the high pressure switch is faulty. It is also possible that the blend doors for the hot and cold air are sticking and unable to open and/or close properly. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection to pinpoint why your AC is not working. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and can complete this inspection at your home or office.