Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-18535-18wswltjs:173:8

Q: Dome light will not come on, but floor lights do - 1995 Nissan 300ZX

When I open my car’s door, the dome light doesn’t come on, however the floor lights do come on and off, as the door is opened and closed. When I move the dome light switch to ‘on’ it does come on, but when I move it to the door position, nothing happens. I replaced the bulb and made sure it was an exact replacement. I was also told to replace the room lamp relay. I studied the maintenance manual and it showed that the control unit that the relay plugs into is in back of the driver’s seat on the trunk side. I then took everything apart and only found the fuel pump control unit without any relays plugged into it. After that, Nissan sent me a newer diagram which showed the control unit under the driver’s seat. So… I took the driver’s seat out, but… nothing there!! Can you tell me where to find it?

A: I hate not being able to help you with this...

I hate not being able to help you with this. This is a very Nissan specific issue you are having. As I was reading your question, my initial thought was the door switch, but you said other lights are being triggered on the floor, so that rules out the door switch. I am curious who it is that is telling you to look for the control unit. Sometimes with extreme vehicle specific questions, it doesn't hurt to jump into a forum or a facebook group, where hardcore enthusiasts are always found. I know your vehicle must have a decent sized community. It sounds like you've already been in contact with Nissan, so I am surprised that no one on their end can answer this question for you. I wish you the best of luck, I know electrical problems can be some of the most difficult.