Q: Hesitation when accelerating from stop.

Car has a slight hesitation when accelerating from a stop.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, there is a list of possible problems that could cause the hesitation from a stop on this engine. The intake system is known to have vacuum leaks and also coolant leaking into the intake. The mass air flow sensor problem when it gets dirty. The throttle body sticking and getting carbon deposits reducing air flow. Ignition and fuel system issues like clogged filters and spark plugs worn. Any of these issues could cause this problem and the complete vehicle system should be checked by a qualified mechanic to perform any needed maintenance and repair any defective issues with components.