Q: I need to diabke anti theft I changed out steering colum ignition switch looked at all fuses

My 2000 jgc will crank and die after 2 seconds I have changed out ignition switch steering column looked at fuses disconnected battery sentury key indicator staus on how do I bypass security module anti theft system

Anything can be bypassed, but it will take more time and money to bypass the security system than it will to replace it. This is a common request from many customers and I can say that the manufacturers do a really good job designing security systems that cannot be bypassed. The good news is, fixing the problem is more often than not fairly easy to do.

A very common problem with security systems involves your doors. If a door jamb switch has failed, the security system will think someone has broken into the car. Testing this is fairly simple. Do this one door at a time and with all the doors closed:

• With the key on, see if there is a Door Ajar Light on on the dash. If all the doors are closed and the light is on, you have a bad switch somewhere. If this is the case, you will need a scanner to see which door is bad.
  • If the light is off, with the key turned to the On position, open one door at-a-time and see if the Door Ajar Light turns on for each - this includes your rear hatch.
  • If they all respond, you will need to move onto the next part of the system. If one or more does not respond, you’re on the right track. It is very common for wires to break in the door jamb harness.

This is where I would begin if a door jamb switch isn’t responding. Keep in mind, the door latches and the switches are integrated.

Here are a couple other things you can try:

• Lock and unlock the driver door, passenger door, and rear tail gate with the key three times in a row. It may work on the driver door. If it does, you’re done. This is a reset procedure for the security system.
  • Disconnect the battery, turn the key to the Run position, and reconnect the battery. I have used both of these with success.

The ignition key has a transponder in it. If you don’t have the original key, you won’t be able to start the car. They are known to fail as well as the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and Body Control Module (BCM). If you have made it this far, you are going to need a qualified technician that has experience with the security systems on Jeeps - you’ll likely need to contact a dealership.

Good luck! I hope the solution is easy.

• I need to diabke anti theft I changed out steering colum ignition switch looked at all fuses