Q: Q: Car slipping out of gear

When I am driving my car, it seems to slip out of gear, and a gear symbol appears on the dash next to the drive symbol. When this happens, it seems like the car is only in third or fourth gear. If I stop and shut the ignition off, it seems to reset the computer. Then when I stop at a light, it does it again.

Hello! With the transmission slipping, this vehicle is not safe to drive until this issue is resolved. The most common causes of the transmission slipping is low or improper transmission fluid level, or internal failures in the transmission. A qualified Technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose this issue.

3. Q: Car slipping out of gear