Q: How do you replace a low beam headlight bulb?

How do you replace a low beam headlight bulb?

Headlights are vital for any situation where you have to drive in low or no light, or when it’s raining, sleeting or snowing. It’s important for your own visibility, as well as ensuring that other drivers are able to see your car. If you’ve got a blown low beam bulb, here’s how to replace it:

Make sure you have the right bulb – it should be an HB4 halogen bulb for the low beam.

Driver Side:

1. Open the hood.

2. On a 1.8-liter engine, remove the air intake duct cover and the upper portion of the intake. On a 2.4-liter engine, you’ll need to unlock several clips to remove the intake duct.

3. Push the tab and remove the coupler.

4. Turn the old bulb and pull it out.

5. Insert the new bulb and turn it to lock it in place.

6. Replace the coupler.

7. Replace the intake duct.

Passenger Side:

1. Open the hood

2. Pull out the clip holding the washer fluid reservoir in place

3. Pull out the upper section of the reservoir

4. Locate the coupler and remove it by pushing the tab

5. Turn the old bulb to unlock it and then remove it

6. Insert the new bulb and lock it in place

7. Replace the coupler

8. Replace the washer fluid reservoir and clip

3. Q: How do you replace a low beam headlight bulb?