Q: I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with keyless entry/start. Lately when I push the ignition button to start my car the horn honks.

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with keyless entry/start. Lately when I push the ignition button to start my car the horn honks. What could this be attributed to and how can I fix it? Thanks :)

Hi there. Most of the time this occurs when the key fob battery gets low. If the battery is replaced then it should be fine. If the battery does not help then there may be a programming issue within the security system and the ignition switch. I usually either try another remote or I replace the battery and test it. If the problem persists then I check the computer programming to make sure that it is properly registering the fob. If not then it may need to be reprogrammed. Some of the time the module needs to be replaced. If you want to have this starting problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with keyless entry/start. Lately when I push the ignition button to start my car the horn honks.