How can I turn the back windshield wiper off? 1998 cherok...

Q: How can I turn the back windshield wiper off?

asked by on October 21, 2017

My back windshield wipers randomly cut on and I can’t figure out how to turn it off, it does it only when I push the break pedal and stops when I push the gas. I don’t have an inner circle that turns, I only have one switch that turns and that didn’t do anything to turn it off

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi Sam. Thanks for sending in your question today. It’s quite possible that you have an electrical short or perhaps a stuck open or damaged electrical relay that is activating the wiper when the brake pedal is pressed. As such, unless the root electrical issue is determined and correctly repaired, it’s likely that this will continue. You should probably have a professional mechanic complete an electrical inspection at your location to help locate and resolve this issue. In the meantime, you might be able to pull the specific fuse that controls that rear window wiper. Please refer to your owner manual to locate this fuse for your Cherokee.