Q: Need an engine

My 98 Ford escort needs an engine. It's the 2.0 sohc 8Th vin is p. I'm looking for an engine that will fit into my car since no one has that particular type. What engine will work for my car? Are there any little details I need to know when searching?

You should be looking for a 1998 Ford Escort 2.0 SOHC motor. This is what I typed in to search for the motor you listed for the 1998 Ford Escort 2.0 with 8th digit a P. There are several hundred used and remanufactured engines available for your car. This was the most common motor used in the Ford Escort from about 1996 to well into the 2000’s. When you go into the sites, you will need to know that you have the 2.0 SOHC motor vin P. That’s it. However, be careful with used motors as they are used and you may inherit someone’s problem. A potentially better choice would be getting a remanufactured engine at a higher cost.

3. Need an engine