Q: What does it mean if the message center shows the warning “engine oil change soon?”

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the message center shows the warning “engine oil change soon?”

It’s absolutely essential that you keep up with normal maintenance, like oil changes, tire rotations, air filter changes and the rest. Your car is designed with a reminder system designed to help make keeping your car serviced easier. If you see the warning message “Engine oil change soon” in the message center of your car, it means that the engine oil life is now between 10% and 0%. Have the oil changed and then make sure to reset your oil life in the car’s computer.