Q: Tranny erratic shift if the problem is in the tcm would it throw a faulty tcm code ?or not all the times this happens.

2007 dakota v6 tranny 42rle erratically shifting replaced hidraulic fluid ,new filter ,mechanic replaced pressure shifting selenoid ,problem did not go away ,then replaced pack selenoid problem continues erratic shifting most of the times tranny locks in limp mode besides all of mentioned truck runs fine ,no hesitation engine runs smooth mechanic said 2 codes come up when hook up scanner p0760 , indicating a fault on the shift selenoid "c"the other code is p0870 hydraulic pressure line malfunction he has said to me that he is not to expert on the electric tranny areas but he estimates the problem is bad ground circuit or the tcm itself on the most part . please tell me your opinion ,truck has 120000 miles ,and ive aready spent 579.00 dlls.on this guy and i can not afford to throw more money away.please help thanks.

Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mechanic. The code P0760 means that the shift solenoid "C" is operating irregularity. The code P0870 means that the transmission fluid pressure is not determined at its specified pressure.

Check the harness to the transmission and make sure that everything is plugged in. Check the main harness for corrosion and any debris on the contacts. If the harness checks out to be okay, then the problem lies within the transmission. The shift solenoid "C" is probably getting too hot and shutting down. The pump pressure solenoid is not functioning correctly and is maxing out the oil pressure causing harsh shifting.

I recommend replacing the shift solenoid "C" and the pump pressure solenoid. If the problem continues to persist, then the transmission oil temperature sensor could be failing. This symptom results in low fluid, failed pump, slipping transmission, or the computer has lost its memory and needs flashed or replaced. However, I suggest replacing the shift solenoid "C" and the pump pressure solenoid first before doing anything else.

To avoid anymore unnecessary repairs, consider having one of our mobile technicians help you properly diagnose your transmission erratic shift issue.

• Tranny erratic shift if the problem is in the tcm would it throw a faulty tcm code ?or not all the times this happens.