Q: Starting problems

I tried unsuccessfully to start my car this morning. It wouldn't work. As I turn the key, the tachometer shudders a few times, the lights and radio come on, and the engine makes a few quiet noises, but nothing happens. I tried attaching jumper cables for about five minutes, but the situation didn't get any better. The car won't lock or unlock at all when I use the buttons, which makes me wonder if it is electrical. Any ideas?

A: The PATS system or passive anti theft syste...

The PATS system or passive anti theft system is not turning off the arming of the system and may need to be reprogrammed as per the technical bulletin issued by the manufacturer. I recommend looking on the dash and if theft is lit when you turn on the key, then you will need to contact the dealer to fix the issue and reprogram the PATS to the newer calibration to fix the problem for you.