Q: How do I turn on the fog lights?

How do I turn on the fog lights?

If your car is equipped with fog lights, you can use them to provide better visibility when driving in foggy, misty and rainy conditions. These are secondary lights that are tied to your primary headlight system, but aren’t technically part of it. They’re located low on the front of your vehicle, and can only be turned on when your headlights are in use. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Turn your headlights on.

2. Make sure they’re on low.

3. Locate the inner ring on the turn signal lever that works your fog lights.

4. Turn it from off to on (the fog light symbol).

5. Turn it from on to off when you no longer need the fog lights.

Tips

• Your fog lights will only work when your headlights are on and set to low beam. They won’t work if the headlights are off, or if you’re using your high beams.

• Don’t drive with the fog lights on if you don’t need them. Fog lights can blind other drivers, so only use them when driving conditions warrant it.

3. How do I turn on the fog lights?