Q: p0073

asked by on February 10, 2017

I have a Volvo XC60 with a p0073 error code which says ambient temperature sensor cicuit reading high. I replaced the temp sensor that's in the driver's side mirror assembly but the problem Still Remains

Hi there. The Power Control Module (PCM) uses information that it receives from the ambient air temperature sensor to regulate the levels of the ambient air temperature and intake air temperature. If the ambient air temperature reaches a level above that of the intake air temperature, the Power Control Module (PCM) will store the P0073 trouble code and the Check Engine Light will come on. There are several things that could cause the P0073 trouble code to be stored by the Power Control Module (PCM) such as; the ambient air temperature sensor has malfunctioned, the wiring has shorted or broken, there is corrosion in the electric circuitry or connector, there is a break or short in the ambient air temperature harness or debris that is covering the sensor.