Q: My heater is blowing cold air.

My heater is blowing cold air. I think it's the thermostat. Should I check the engine fluids first?

If the engine temperature is not abnormally low, then a stuck open thermostat is not likely to be the cause of inadequate cabin heat. Common causes of no cabin heat include malfunctioning blend door(s) (part of the in-dash ventilation network), a faulty or stuck heater control valve, a plugged heater core, stuck open engine cooling thermostat, collapsed hoses, and low coolant level. The cost to resolve the problem depends on which of the foregoing faults is the cause. If you desire a diagnostic to determine exactly why there is no cabin heat, please request a non functioning cabin heater diagnostic and the responding mechanic will come right to your location and get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.