Q: Car jerks during acceleration and stopping

Hello. Recently, my car with around 120,000 miles, started jerking with an occasional thunk sound. This happens intermittently. Usually, I would be decelerating and bringing the car to a halt, or accelerating. Then the car starts making noise and jerks. While I'm braking, it feels as if the car is lurching over the wheel base. Occasionally, these issues persist all the time I'm driving, during the speed increase and decrease. Other times, it runs fine witout any issues. What do you suggest I should check first? Thanks.

This sounds like a transmission shifting issue going up and down. You should have the system tested to see if the transmission has set any codes in the computer. You may have computer issues or harness issues to the shift solenoids. Testing would be needed to isolate the cause. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your acceleration issue to help you proceed with an appropriate repair.

3. Car jerks during acceleration and stopping