Q: How do I use the automatic anti-glare rearview mirror?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I use the automatic anti-glare rearview mirror?

If your car is equipped with an automatic anti-glare rearview mirror, you have a very handy way to beat the glare of headlights from behind you at night. In fact, there’s very little you have to do at all. Here are the steps you need to take:

1. Press the center button on the bottom of the mirror to turn on automatic dimming mode. The mirror will now sense the amount of light striking the surface and dim or brighten automatically.

2. Press the center button again to turn the automatic system off if you want.

Tips

• If you have a smart key system, the mirror will automatically turn to auto every time you crank the engine, even if you turned it off manually before shutting the engine off.

• The rearview mirror has several sensors that sense the level of light outside and striking the mirror from behind the car. Do not hang anything from the mirror or it may block these sensors.