Q: Serpentine belt snapped, replaced it and jumped the car it semi worked but then didnt. I changed my alternator but wont start

I changed my serpentine belt and tried to start the car but it wouldn't so i passed cables and it kind of started up but not fully to get the car running. I bought a new battery but the car wouldnt start up. I bought a new alternator thinking it was sucking up all the energy out of the battery but it didnt work. What other reasons might be causing my car to not start up?

If you have what seems like a dead battery and when you try and jump start the vehicle and it still will not crank good enough to start the motor then you will need to have a voltage drop test done to the battery starter cables to see if they are losing contact. You may have a bad cable and need to have them replaced. If the cables are good then the starter will need to be replaced. The most common cause is oil leaking onto the starter down the back of the motor or the rear main seal of the engine.

• Serpentine belt snapped, replaced it and jumped the car it semi worked but then didnt. I changed my alternator but wont start