Q: I have a 96 Mercedes recently it started rattling in park but as soon as i put it in gear it stops eat cud be wrng

My car rattles when in park when i put it in any other gear it stop's what cud be the problem

Under hood rattling can be caused by loose exhaust components, faulty pulleys and accessories, motor mount faults, loose heat shields, or any loose component. The reason you are noticing the noise only under certain conditions ("park" versus "drive") is because the engine loading, speed and position (if the issue is mount related) changes just enough when you put the car in gear so as to eliminate the noise. From your description, the noise sounds obvious enough that a trained mechanic will very readily pinpoint the origin, and identify the required repairs, if you request an engine noise diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 96 Mercedes recently it started rattling in park but as soon as i put it in gear it stops eat cud be wrng