Q: 2003 Pontiac grand am wont crank

Hi my 2003 Pontiac grand am 3.4 won't start I stoped at a gas station and as they where pumping gas my battery seem to have died which was really weird but I got a jump and it started right up only to die 20 ft down the road tried getting a jump start again but it wouldn't even crank so I had it towd. replaced the starter replaced the battery but it still won't even crank tryed Turing it by hand with a braker bar and it doesent seem locked up (I think?) it turned sine I'm out of ideas I even ran a jump cable from the activation wire on the starter to the batter and the starter extends but the engine won't crank

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle’s starting system is not terribly complicated. You also need to consider the charging system as well. Regarding the starting system, with a new battery and starter, you are left with the ignition switch and the starter relay. However, you also need to consider the alternator. If it has failed and will not keep the battery charged, the vehicle will not start. The starter has enough power with a jumper to engage the starter partially, but it seems to not have enough power to do much else. Start by making sure the battery cables are clean, dry, and tight. Make sure the battery’s ground connection is also clean and secure. Have the alternator tested, and look into possibly replacing the starter relay (in the main fuse box typically). If all of these components test ok, or are replaced, then turn your attention to testing the ignition switch. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2003 Pontiac grand am wont crank