Hello, I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra and the horn fuse bl...

Q: Hello, I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra and the horn fuse blows soon after replacing

asked by on September 30, 2017

Hello, I have a 2004 Hyundai Elantra and the horn fuse blows soon after replacing (sometimes an hour, sometimes immediately). I replaced the horn relay and it still happens. Can you suggest anything? Thanks.

There are probably a few other devices that run off that same circuit. check your owner’s manual and see what else there may be. If the fuse blows without you blowing the horn, then it is probably not the horn relay or the horn itself. It could be a connection in the steering column or some other device that you are not aware you are using. Chasing electrical gremlins can be a tricky business and it helps to have some experience with such things. If you decide to delegate the job, contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Hyundai and let you know what is the problem.